Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #2, Is Now Ready!

I am proud to announce that Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #2, is now finally ready for your viewing and educational pleasure! I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting the sequel to Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #1, posted a long five months ago, and for that, I deeply apologize, but please know I have not been sitting idly, twiddling my thumbs, despite my original intent to post Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #2, in July of this year. The Goddesses and I have been taking the time to personally respond to the literally hundreds of letters and emails we have received. How magnanimous, noble, and humbled we feel at the impact we have made upon our world in which we exist!

And, once again, I have a few comments to add to the remarks I make in the footage before you enjoy.

Do expect to be sore following a trampoline jumping session. I am a hard-core distance runner, albeit right-brained as evidenced by my journal entries, and I still find my quad, gluteal, and calf muscles sore after practicing my various routines. It is like yoga, in a way. You might think it looks rather easy, but once you try it, you immediately realize its intense degree of difficulty.

Don’t allow shyness to preclude your jumping. If you are conscientious in regards to neighbors who are close by, I encourage you to jump under the cover of the dark midnight sky. I am serious. There is something about midnight trampoline jumping that exponentially increases your aura of mystery. Just remember that when you are running down the street or at your local farmers’ market, the increased stares and double takes thrown in your direction are actually looks of amazement and wonder, a natural response to your rising pulsating levels of coolness.

Do embrace the elements in your trampoline jumping. I speak from experience when I say that rain, and the bigger the drops the better, increases the elasticity of the trampoline fabric, allowing for even more hugacious, almost to the point of flouncing, bounces. It is simply magnificent. And if you make some sort of yell or chant as you jump in the rain, even bigger is the bounce. In addition, as you will see in Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #2, I tend to leave pine needles on its canvas and have been known to beg bags of swept maple leaves from neighbors to dump on the trampoline in a successful effort to enhance the trampoline jumping experience.

Don’t forget to remove the pinecones.

Do remember to view Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #1, and read the accompanying entry (and the one prior to that) for schema, basic advice, and suggestions for maintaining general health. You can easily access this important information by scrolling down the right side of THE MOTH to labels and clicking on the Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women option.

On a personal note, I continue to work on the front-aerial-somersault/cross-legged/lift/jump/twirl/cartwheel/back-somersault-to-a-stand routine, and since we last dialogued on the subject, I have improved the percentages of my landings. Instead of a 30 percent landing on my feet after my flip success rate, I am nailing the landing 50 percent of the time. Yep. You read it right. 50 percent of the time. I am also practicing what is called the “misty flip,” which I may demonstrate in Trampoline Jumping for 40-Year-Old Women, Instructional Video #3, a good intermediary step to air-flips. Of course, that depends as I don’t want to overwhelm my community of 40-Year-Old-Women. I will await the responses.

So, once again, I invite you to click on the link below, turn up the audio and enjoy! In fact, I would strongly encourage you to find those old, discarded, unused headphones as we did experience some technical difficulties during our filming, including, but not limited to, a revving motorcycle in the background and other sound issues as we filmed using my BlackBerry because the video camera which we Goddesses usually employ in our various charitable efforts, simply could not be found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaRlkOLP00o

(I send gratitude, light, and love to J Goddess and especially Goddess Schawn for correspondence, filming, and technical assistance! Hey, Goddesses, it is dark AND the pine needles are still out there! Let’s go flounce and bounce!)

GL, 11/4/2009. Prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment